Quality Assurance Engineer
We are seeking a versatile candidate who can coordinate quality assurance testing for the company's flagship product. Candidate will be responsible for creating test plans, developing automated test procedures, and performing quality assurance testing of software products. He/she will work directly with the software development team, reviewing functional design specifications and source code, writing functional systems and performance test plans, summarizing test results, and analyzing, reporting and tracking bugs.
- Lead QA effort throughout the software testing lifecycle to ensure applications are comprehensively tested and ready for customer release.
- Creation, maintenance and execution of functional/regression/re-test test plans, test cases and automated test scripts
- Provide daily QA direction to out-sourced QA resources
- Report issue defects and work with development/support teams to manage defects until issue resolution
- Write, review, and execute black box and white box tests
- Assist development manager in making solid "go/no-go" decisions for the launch of product releases.
- Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions.
- Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to QA.
- Ongoing integration of known bugs from incident system into test plans
- Bachelors degree
- 2-5+ years experience in quality assurance testing of web-based software applications
- Solid understanding of the software development process
- Strong knowledge of QA practices and policies.
- Experience with web server side scripting languages such as ColdFusion, .NET, JSP, or PHP (ColdFusion is big plus).
- Proven success running builds, creating releases, deploying to a QA environment
- Automated UI testing experience
- Strong experience with relational databases (preferably SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective at multi-tasking, working under tight deadlines and able to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent written language skills and ability to write clear, concise and easy-to-understand documentation.
PaperThin, Inc. is a privately held, MA-based company. Its flagship product CommonSpot™ connects people and brands through the Web. PaperThin's customers span multiple industries, including: government, healthcare, higher education, association and legal sectors. Customers such as American University, Cornell University, Hasbro, Seton Hall University, Sharp HealthCare, The National Park Service, and City of St. Louis work with CommonSpot to solve their most basic to complex Web needs. To learn more, visit PaperThin at www.paperthin.com, follow us at www.twitter.com/commonspot, view customer videos on YouTube, or connect with us via LinkedIn.
This is a full time position at our Quincy, Massachusetts office. Candidates must reside in the local area. No resumes from third party recruiters please.
Qualified contacts should submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.